Take control as the Fire Control Officer of an AC-130 Gunship following its story since its inception during the Vietnam war. Provide Close Air Support to your troops on the ground, fly Armed Reconnaissance and obliterate the enemy supply lines, give Landing Zone support for insertions and extractions under fire, protect US bases from enemy attacks and more while avoiding friendly and civilian casualties. Be always on the lookout for AAA and missile threats!
Coming soon for Android and iPhone.
FEATURES (under development, more features may be added)
- Watch the world through the AC-130's Infrared sensors, with black-hot or white-hot modes and zoom. Use your radar systems to detect vehicles and large objects.
- Hundreds of units on the battlefield, each one thinking and acting completely independently
- It's a living, breathing world down there. Each soldier has a mission. Desperate fights break out between foes. Friendlies call you for assistance. Civilians run for cover.
- Artillery, tanks, trucks, APCs, attack ships, helicopters and bombers.
- Large 1.5 square mile (4 square kilometer) sectors, with hills, jungles, rivers, bridges, buildings, bases and more.
- Build your crew. Watch as they gain experience and become better at their job, making life easier for you.
- Get rewarded for your performance with access to cutting-edge equipment and escort aircraft bomb runs, as well as medals and promotions.
- Listen as your crew comment and react to the battle and keep you informed.
- Be on your guard! Anti-aircraft guns and missiles are an ever-present danger. Aircraft systems may get damaged, crewmembers killed, or you may even get shot out of the sky.
- Your weapons overheat, get jammed or destroyed. Use them properly.
Developer & Publisher Byte Conveyor Studios
During the Vietnam War, an extensive network of roads and backroads was used by North Vietnam to move hundreds of thousands of tons of supplies to the front lines. These arteries, ranging from paved roads to dirt trails heavily covered by jungle, crossed through Laos and Cambodia, and into South Vietnam.
This network was known as the Ho Chi Minh Trail.
AC-130 Gunships were regularly tasked with air interdiction and armed reconnaissance missions over the Trail with the objective of disrupting the North Vietnamese supply lines. It was extremely successful in that role, destroying tens of thousands of supply vehicles heading for the front lines.
Naturally, such sorties are depicted in "AC-130 Gunship Simulator: Special Ops Squadron".
As with the rest of the vehicles in the game, trucks have damage modelling with several parts taking damage independently, each reacting in a particular way. Hits on the cargo may cause explosions, wheels are punctured or detached, fuel tanks may blow up, crew gets injured and may even fly off the vehicle if hit with enough force.
When attacked, and depending on the condition of the vehicle, crews may decide to floor it and drive away, or bail out and make a run for it on foot.